a free app that decrypts files created by Scrambler
- Fixes a menu bar icon problem introduced in version 1.2.4 (compatibility with Bartender, an app by another developer that manages your menu bar items).
- Fixes some window positioning issues when using multiple displays with OS X Mavericks.
- System requirements increased from 10.7 to 10.7.5.
- Fixes a bug that occasionally made it unable to drag files on Descrambler.
- The app now behaves more properly when using Spaces.
- Various other bug fixes and improvements.
- Fixes a bug where users with Macs running over network drives were not able to properly use the “source folder” feature.
- Fixes a bug where users could, in some cases, not properly select folders in the open dialog that appears before decryption.
- Adds the ability to decrypt the new scrambled file format that Scrambler 1.2 creates.
- Adds the optional ability to automatically delete the scrambled file after decryption.
- A few minor improvements and bug fixes.
- Sandbox support. This technology vastly improves app security and is now recommended by Apple for all Mac apps. For technical reasons, a consequence of this is that if you are currently using Descrambler’s “save in source folder” feature, you have to set it up again through Descrambler’s new Preferences window.
- Various minor improvements.
- New icons and artwork that are compatible with the retina display.
- Fixes a bug that in some cases caused an error during decryption.
Support email: “support” at our domain name
Get in touch! We usually reply within 24 hours—often much earlier.
Descrambler is a free app that allows you to decrypt files created by Scrambler, which is another app from the same developer.
Scrambler—not to be confused with the app you’re viewing now (Descrambler)—is a simple encryption app for the Mac. It allows Mac users to encrypt their files before sending them across the internet to their buddies.
Before Descrambler was introduced, Scrambler users had to ask the recipients of their encrypted files to purchase their own copy of Scrambler. Now, Scrambler users can simply ask the recipients to download Descrambler for free.
Copyright © 2014 Coding Turtle